Haverford College, located in Pennsylvania, is a top ranking liberal arts college established in 1833. The coeducational college has no affiliation with religion, but is still influenced by the Quaker philosophy on which it was originally founded.
The Harvard college is a member of the Tri-College Consortium, which means that students are able to register for courses at the two other member institutions. Alongside this, the college is a member of the Quaker Consortium, which provides students with the opportunity to cross-register at the College of General Studies and the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.
In 2014, Haverford was ranked by Forbes Magazine at number eleven of all US Colleges and universities. It also ranked at number nine in the US News & World’s Report 2013 edition. Forbes also ranked Haverford as the number one producer of entrepreneurs of all liberal arts colleges in 2012.
The college has a most impressive list of alumni that crosses all disciplines. These include Nobel and Pulitzer Prize winners, amongst the many other impressive people who once attended Haverford.
Read on for Haverford College undergraduate admission requirements:
Haverford College Undergraduate Admission Help:
|Location||Haverford, Pennsylvania, United States|
Haverford College Admission Requirements:
- Test Results: Haverford’s The Median SAT scores for 2014 admission are 710 in Critical Reading, 700 in Math and 710 in Writing, while the median composite range for the ACT is 32
- Essay Submissions: Haverford Supplement and Honor Code essay. Haverford offers tips on essay and personal statement writing .
Other documents needed:
- A completed application form: , and Personal Statement.
- For early decision applicants: The Early Decision Agreement Form.
- Standardized Testing: The ACT with writing results, or the general SAT and two SAT subject test results.
- A secondary school report: Alongside most recent transcripts. These should include the first quarter grades if applying for Early Decision.
- School Profile and Counsellor Report
- Two teacher evaluations: These should be from two of the following academic subjects, English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language.
- A mid-year school report: A form can be found on This should include the Secondary School Transcript.
- Application fee: $60.00 – Applicants with financial hardship can request a fee waiver.
- Test Registration Codes: SAT Critical Reasoning Test and SAT Subject Test – Haverford Code 2289 ACT – Haverford Code 3590
International Students Language Requirements: Students who speak English as a second language and have never attended a school where English is the primary language of instruction are required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. Haverford’s minimum requirement scores are 100 on the internet-based TOEFL or 7 on the IELTS.